Learn the Secrets to Healing Aches, Alleviating Pains, and Preventing Injuries
- Release stiffness in the back by reversing pelvic tilt
- Fix rounded shoulders and an aching neck from desk jobs and cell phones
- Prepare the body for sports, hiking, yard work, or any other activity you desire
- Improve range of motion without sacrificing strength or stability
- Save time and money with short, efficient sequences
Sunday June 19, 2016
Physical Culture Collective
857 Broadway 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, New York
People who are older, overweight, or injured. Athletes, chiropractors, massage therapists, yogis, people who are eager to learn and people who want help in living a healthier life.
What is B.A.S.E.?
Eischens Yoga Poses
B.A.S.E. is about replicating poses that we do naturally every day. While many yoga poses are impressive to look at, it is often the simplest that are the most helpful. B.A.S.E. focuses on the fundamental poses with the greatest carryover to your everyday life.
Learn how to prepare the body for movement when range, load, or speed is involved. Traditional yoga often creates a looseness and hyper-mobility in the joints. This can be dangerous to athletes and non-athletes alike. Protect your body and joints by creating the strength and stability required for an active lifestyle.
B.A.S.E. sequences are designed to be short but efficient. Poses and sequences are done in a timed format to keep you focused without the slow-paced drudgery that comes from most yoga classes. Flexibility in session length allows you to keep it short when your day is busy or long when you need that extra release.
The workshop will cover the fundamentals of the Monkey Bar Gym’s B.A.S.E. program. The day will be divided into lectures, small group hands on, and personal practice. Material covered will be four full sequences with specific poses and movements for each part of the body.
- Shoulder Sequence: Create increased range of motion while maintaining stability and balance. Align the spine and head to relieve pain in the neck and shoulders.
- Spine Sequence: Protect the lower back from compression and injuries. Learn to improve proper extension and rotation in the upper back to relieve stiffness in the neck, hips, and shoulders.
- Hip Sequence: Develop proper movement of the hips to protect the back and knees.
- Everyday Sequence: A balanced combination of poses to have the entire body feeling light, strong, and pain free.
- 10am-4pm with a 1-hour lunch break.
What to Bring:
- Pen/pencil and notebook
- Comfortable clothing suitable for exercise
- Snacks and fluids if you do not plan to go offsite for lunch
I’ve worked with computers my entire professional life, and been studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for over 7 years. As such, posture and
imbalances have been a struggle for me for a long time. Not focusing on the proper restorative work has led to disc protrusions at two levels in my neck. I’ve been attending BASE classes at Monkey Bar Gym, 2-3 times a week, for the past 3 months, and credit it with improving my range of motion and alignment. A recent MRI showed that one of the disc bulges I’ve been struggling with for 2 years has shrunk, and I attribute part of that to the BASE protocol. I highly recommend BASE for desk jockeys, athletes, or anyone looking to improve overall function of their bodies.
I’m a collegiate athlete that basically had gotten so injured and banged up that I could no longer even lightly throw a ball around without having severe knee and back pain…and forget running….that was WAY too painful. Until taking the BASE class!! After doing BASE 3-4 days a week I was 100% pain free in 3 weeks…I continue to follow the BASE program 3 x week and I’m feeling healthier than I have in years!!! Cannot tell you how amazing this simple routine has changed my life for the better. Highly recommend anyone who has aches and pains or is coming off injuries or just wants to get moving properly again to follow the BASE routines!!Marquise