Stretching: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
You should always stretch before you exercise, right? This is a pretty common thought that has been repeated ad nauseam for ages. But there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.
✔ How does your mindset and posture impact your body and why stacking stretching is not the answer.
✔ What is the difference between static and active stretching?
✔ How can static stretching create more issues and injuries?
✔ What are active versions of the 5 most common static stretches for hamstrings, shoulder, groin, quad and calf?
✔ How should you add active stretching into your training program?
0:25 Why People Do Static Stretching
- Jon’s History
- Jessica explaining why people static stretch
- Unstable Joints
- Jessica explains how the body should be stacked
- Two Body Types
7:30 Why Our Body Gets Misaligned
- mental causes
- physical causes
- Fashion causes
9:49 Jon explains Roger Eichen’s thoughts on healing the body
- “Don’t need to know why, just need to fix it.”
11:54 Yoga and stretching
- Active Vs Static Yoga
15:07 Difference between Active and Static Stretching
- Static Stretching Example
- Active Stretching Example
- Definition of Reciprocal Inhibition
18:23 Hamstrings Example
- Basic Bridge pose vs Active Bridge
24:05 Runners Pose Example
- What people commonly do
- How to properly become active in prone mountain
- How you will feel after the pose
33:37 Suggestions on how to get started using active poses