What Makes You Say “WTF” in the Fitness Industry
We recently asked everyone on our newsletter what makes them say “WTF?!” in the fitness industry. Today we covered a few of the best answers.
- [0:00] WTF is up with Body Mass Index (BMI)?!
- Why and how it was invented
- Jon Hinds is obese?
- A better alternative
- [2:50] WTF is up with the obsession with protein powder?!
- When and how did protein powder even come from?
- Bodybuilding culture changed the game
- How “supplement” became “replacement”
- Do you really need that much protein?
- [8:20] WTF is up with the reputation that chocolate milk is the perfect post-workout food?!
- Dairy industry keeping their foot in the door
- The correlation between milk intake and disease
- This huge population is has a very high rate of lactose intolerance
- Athletes getting forced to drink milk despite issues
- It’s all about the money
- [12:50] WTF is up with people doing stupid s*** on bosu balls?!
- Most people can’t even align properly on a stable surface
- Does unstable surface training have any benefit?
- [15:50] WTF is up with trainers crushing people with metabolic workouts when they are already stressed and beat up!?
- Where the “all meta all the time” mentality evolved from
- How are some of these “athletes” people even recovering from this?
- The “work, rest, work, rest” steps analogy
- You need to know what your actual objective is
- How did the old-time strong men, Olympic competitors, and Jon with his athletes train?
- Does meta workouts have a place in training regiment?
- [23:28] WTF is up with the AFAA and other fitness groups with ads/photos of women holding light weights, weak arms and shoulders, and lacking muscles and physique?
- The 1980s trap of women using pink dumbells
- The disconnect with their audience
- Women want to be strong just like men
- The strength of women (especially at MBG)
- [29:00] WTF is up with physical therapists prescribing static stretches?
- “Well, this is what we’ve always done….”
- No animal on the planet static stretches except for humans
- We don’t have the guts to seek out the people to really delve into it and figure it out
- Active alignment vs static stretching
Programs for Strength, Conditioning, Fat Loss, Performance, and Recovery
Workout routines designed for every level
Exercise Library with 120+ videos and growing
Daily access to Elite MBG trainers
Want a free 30 days?
At checkout use coupon code: THANKYOU30